Here Are the Proven Ways to Earn Money from Photography:
- Work as an Assistant Photographer.
Most professional photographers need an assistant to take photo shoots. Assistant Photographer or Second Photographer is the job role that will help you get great photography experience and make money.
Benefits of Working as an assistant Photographer.
- It will help you to get experience in the photography profession.
- It will help you learn how to make money with your photography passion.
- You will travel to many places to take photoshoots and learn a lot on your photography journey.
- Helps to make connections with a lot of new people and professionals
How to find a job as an assistant photographer.
- Google for Photography Jobs
- Post resume in the Job portals.
- Work on Freelancing Sites
- Search in Facebook Groups
- Collect Emails and Phone Numbers of professional photographers from Facebook and Linkedin etc and contact them.
Tips to get hired as an assistant Photographer.
- Showcase your photography work with a portfolio website.
- Follow up Regularly
- Update resume Periodically.
- Maintain Good networking with professionals
- Sell your photos on stock sites.
Many photographers sell or license their photography through stock photography websites and earn a decent income.
Here are the best stock websites to sell photos:
- Alamy – alamy.com
- Gettyimages – gettyimages.in
- Dreamstime – dreamstime.com
- Photoshelter – get.photoshelter.com
- Crestock – crestock.com
- Shutterstock – submit.shutterstock.com
How to sell photos on stock sites.
Signup on stock sites with a seller account or publisher account and upload your photo and publish by adding a description, title, etc required metadata.
- Earn from photography contests.
Take amazing photos, enter photo contests and get a chance to earn prize money based on your performance.
- Earn from Photography Blogging.
You can start a photography blog and earn a decent income. Many people make good income from photography blogs. Your photography blog is a place where you can share your photography experiences, provide tips and tutorials, etc.
How bloggers earn money?
Bloggers make money by posting ads on their blogs using AdSense or affiliate networks. Bloggers also earn commissions by promoting products and selling products on their blogs.
- Earn from photography YouTube channel.
Create a YouTube channel and post tutorials on taking photos, editing photos, etc. To make money from a YouTube channel, you need a following and 200 hours of watch time on your channel.
- Sell your photos.
Art can attract anyone, so sell your good printed photos to art galleries, e-commerce sites, etc. Make sure your photo is of good quality.
- Freelance Photography.
I work as a freelance photographer for magazines and newspapers. Contact your local newspaper and do photo work for them. It was a great way to earn a nice income.
They need to cover local news and events in good quality and sell them to local news outlets. Network well with local publications to get more work.
- Shoot Events.
Take photos at weddings and events. It’s one of the best ways to make money. You are a tremendous job and earn based on your local reputation.
So, network well with the local people, make the most of your work and ensure customer satisfaction.
The Cents Warrior – Please do subscribe.