In a significant development, the Indian government on Wednesday gave final approval to a proposal to allocate airwaves directly to companies, paving the way for them to run private 5G networks.
The cabinet decided to enable the development and establishment of private captive networks to stimulate a wave of innovation in new-age industrial applications such as machine-to-machine communication, Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) across the automotive industry. healthcare, agriculture, energy and other sectors. More broadly, this would mean faster internet speeds for mobile phone users and better connectivity.
Here’s a 5-point guide on what 5G technology means for a mobile phone user:
5G technology will be 10 times faster than 4G according to various industry estimates. It will also be possible to connect a larger number of devices to a faster mobile network in a smaller space without losing speed.
- 5G technology will be 10 times faster than 4G according to various industry estimates. It will also be possible to connect a larger number of devices to a faster mobile network in a smaller space without losing speed
- Smart payments are already the norm in cities across the country and even around the world. 5G technology will enable faster payment options through higher speeds and will also support newer technologies.
- Watching videos on mobile phones has caught up in recent With the arrival of 5G technology, video streaming speeds are expected to increase significantly due to increased bandwidth. In addition, some studies state that virtual reality and augmented reality videos can also be viewed.
- The new technology will also improve network security and is said to protect against malware threats, theft of sensitive data and jamming devices.
- Smartphone battery life will increase with the introduction of 5G technology and devices will require minimal charging time.
The Cents Warrior – Please subscribe